Monday, December 11, 2006

The Three Fs

Forty, Fat, and Female

Anybody know what the 3 Fs are used for? Its the rule of thumb for gall bladder patients. Over 40, over weight, and it happens in females. So that's normal.

I don't usually disperge alot about my health on here because, well, you don't care. I mean, really who comes to a blog to read about someone else's stuffy nose?

But since about a week before Turkey Day I haven't been feeling good. So I finally made it to the doctor. Those of you that know me, know that I must have been on the verge of death to ever go to a doctor, but I went. He said, "you look healthy to me, maybe it's a blood test you need." So head to the clinic and get the blood test and pee in a cup and get the results and ......

nothing. I am healthy.

So if I am healthy, WHY DON'T I FEEL HEALTHY!!!!

So we figured it was Mono and it just hadn't shown up on the test yet and we waited around for a couple of weeks until yesterday. B told me that I needed to go back to the doctor. I told her okay, yeah, yeah whatever, of course Dear, and then we went to bed.....

And then came the pain..... I started with these really bad pains along my right side under my rib cage. It felt like the neighborhood bully was in my rib cage using whatever was below it as a trampolene. Bad times.

Well, after three hours I decide that I needed to go to the ER. AFTER THREE HOURS! I've got to be retarded. I should have left after 3 minutes.

So I get to the ER, and they check me in and the doc comes in and starts poking my organs and hit my gall bladder and I freaked. I thought he stabbed me it hurt so bad. But long story short, they gave me some really gooooooooood pain killers and told me to come back in the morning for some abdominal ultrasound action.

So this morning, we headed down to radiology for the u/s and what do they find? I've got gall stones! I am 24 and not fat and not female.

Hello my name is Clayton and I am a victim of gall stones.

So the morale of the story? Go to the doctor when your wife says so!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you hear that corey!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Chad! He is getting better but we still have some work to do with him.