I will go about my daily life and see things, or things will happen to me and I will say, "C, remember this and put this on the blog tonight." The problem is that I do most of my posting and blogging at night after Noah has passed out and B is trying desperately to get some sleep as well. So here I sit in front of the computer screen trying to remember the lessons of the day, or what cool thing I saw God do, or what Arabic word I tried to use that came out all wrong and actually meant something very bad, or so on.
So here I sit blank as the empty notepad document before me. Nothing.....nothing.......
Oh, on an issue of commenting. You guys are wonderful commentors. I get all of them and enjoy reading them as I am sure you enjoy reading each others. I am going to try to dialogue with you about what you comment. I stink at this, but I am going to try.
You know...L&A say, "Gee 3 Bulls, you should write about that time we tried to carve pumpkins for Halloween." Then I would comment back and say, "Yeah, L&A, that was a great time, remember how B's pumpkin was rotten on the inside and we all gagged."
That requires two things:
1. your comments
2. my comments
This means that you and I are accountable to keep the conversation going to one another. So after you comment check back on the post and see if I left you a comment.
On that note:
I was reading "Waking the Dead" by John Elderedge and in the book they talk about if you were a character in a movie or book, who would you be and why. This could be a good or bad thing. You know, I feel like so-and-so because I always do this and I never come through or do something awful, or it could be something more upbeat and positive. Your call.
Who are you and why? [choose from any movie or book]
14 comments:
Spiritually sometimes I feel like Frodo from the Lord of the Rings Trilogy.
I am over here doing what I am called to do. I am fulfilling the role that has chosen me. I am in the fire of Mordor, but so many times I want to just forget it and go back to the Shire where things make sense and it is safe.
On the positive note though, like Frodo I have a merry band of friends. "The fellowship of the ring" if we are going to carry the analogy further, who walk with me and carry me and carry my burdens.
So I was wondering if you remember when we used to sit around the apartment and play Smash Brothers for hours on end. And somehow I would always end up on the losing end, you know, and get really mad because I am WAY to competitive when it comes to that stuff.
Anyways, just wanted to say whats up and let you know that we still read, and we're still out here, and we still love you guys!
Just this morning I was wishing that I could be more like Elizabeth Bennett from Pride and Prejudice. She has such an interesting wit and lives close to her sister which would be so nice. She also is very confident and is not easily swayed by others. At the same time she is a little proud...or is it just prejudice...
~A
I'll have to go with a movie, because my books don't have characters, lol. I think I would be that guy in the movie Terminal. You know the one about that guy stuck in the airport. That's kinda how I feel right now. I feel like my life is on hold until I get all the right paperwork, everything lined out for school, everything in place, everything squared away, every "i" dotted and "t" crossed. Until then, I'm just wondering around, occupying my mind and time in whatever way I can, trying to make the best of it :).
-L
jr- i just had a great coversation about Super Smash Brothers and "JIGGLYPUFF!"
yeah, i miss those days and yeah I did kick you tail in that game, but I would do if over again if I could an even loose if we just had a chance to do that again.
L&A,
I think you and Joe Fox would have some very interesting coversations about Elizabeth Bennett. I could very much put yours and Kathleen Kelly's personalities together.
And on another Tom Hank's movie note: Viktor Navorski, truly is an accurate description of being a foriegner in a strange land with strange systems and waiting and waiting....
I want to be Anne Shirley from the classic novella series beginning with Anne of Green Gables.
I want to be her because: 1) She has such a lively imagination, she is delightfully entertaining and subsequently entertained. 2) She has red hair and green eyes and freckles, which I desperately wanted as a little girl. 3) She has dozens of bossom friends and meets kindred spirits wherever she goes. 4) She is a wonderful writer.
I feel like I am already like her because: 1) I got to marry a man I truly loved and who is a best friend. 2) I love to read and really live stories in my mind as I am reading them. 3)She was always getting into scrapes and sticking her foot in her mouth, which I do often as well.
B
You know the movie Hitch staring Will Smith. Well I feel like I'm Hitch but I don't want to be. Deep down inside I'm uncertian of what it is I'm supposed to be going after, like Hitch is. But I DO want to be like ALBERT BRENNAMAN (Kevin James from the TV show King of Queens) because he knows from the start that Allegra Cole is for him and he goes after her no matter what, well with the help of Hitch of course, but if I remember correctly Hitch really didn't help him all that much :-). That's what I want. I want that certanty to know what to go after with all that in me!!
-R
Mr. McQ, I would say you already are Albert Brennaman, because you definately got your "Allegra." She is way out of your league. :)
But in seriousness, I know you weren't talking about women. And might I add that my the end of the movie Hitch knew what he wanted and went after it.
Hang in there. It's coming.
Hey all! I've had an absence mainly b/c we don't have cable at our new house...so I have to sneak in some reads at work now. ha!
As for a character...I would choose Adam Sandler's character in "Click"
Mainly b/c every now and then I get so caught up in work and then I get stressed and take it out at home and forget to live life. So sometimes i need a good kick in the shins to remind myself that everything will take care of itself in due time.
I just need to live life one day at a time and enjoy it fully.
Ok, I can't think of a character right now (although I enjoy using movie clips for messages on Sundays, etc), but I did want to tell you that me and bro and friends played Smash Bros all the time back home. It was a little bit of obsession (still is for those back home). They'll kick my butt when I get back. I played Sheik, Kirby, Luigi, and mainly Mario (and Dr. Mario). Who did you play as?
isaac,
I never saw Click. It's out in theaters here though. Would you recommend it?
m@,
I would always play as Link, but then JR would complain about how Link was the best one and it was cheating, so I would play as Jigglypuff and still whoop his tail. But all and all, I am a fan of the Red Link.
"Click" was pretty good and overall it had a good moral ending to it. I will probably see it again maybe even buy it. It's not entirely wholesome...but it the closest out of all the Sandler movies...in my opinion.
Post a Comment