We had our first Little League Coach Pitch Baseball practice last night. Needless to say, I was pretty confident in my abilities to coach until the kids began to show up. I have so many stories from those two hours alone it is hard to know where to begin.
Here are some of my observations after the first practice.
*I have 14 kids. 6-8 year olds 5-9 years olds, and 3-10 years olds
*I have 6 girls and 8 boys.
*I have 5 Americans, 8 Arabs, and 1 Iranian.
*Only 4 of them have played before.
*Only 6 brought a glove. Most didn't know they needed one.
*Most of them speak some English. Three of them for sure don't have a clue what I am saying, and as many at 7 are confused the majority of the time.
*I don't speak whatever language they speak in Iran
Here are some phrases in Arabic that I now know that I dont know.
*Stand arms-length apart
*Keep your feet shoulder's width apart.
*Keep your weight on your back leg.
*Take a knee
*Run a lap.
*Swing the bat level.
*The word for "base." You know, first base, second base, etc. So that was ackward, "After you hit the ball, go to...uh....go over there."
With all that said... it's going to be fun. Read the post below this one and cast your vote. Feel free to express how well you think we are going to do. It won't hurt my feelings. The kids are having fun, so I am happy.
No comments:
Post a Comment